Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Review: The Judas Strain by James Rollins


"The Judas Strain," from the Sigma Force series, occurs just before "The Last Oracle" which I read last week. When a main character "dies" in this book I knew of his resurrection in the next but it wasn't a major problem though and both books can stand alone.

This book is a great action adventure story. Lots of international travel from the Vatican to Istanbul to Cambodia - if only travel was as easy as hopping on the Sigma Force jet or wrecking fancy rental cars. There are interesting tidbits about Marco Polo's travels and how they tie into a biological threat to humanity. Kowalski makes his appearance as the big dumb guy side kick but I like this character for caring about his comforts and wanting to get the bad guys. The cruise ship full of long lost cannibals meeting infected and turned into zombie-type cannibals was a clever touch.

Reading this was like being on a roller coaster - pure fun.

I'd rate it 5 out of 5
Source of review copy? Library
Would I buy it? Yes, it would be a great re-read if I was stuck at home with the flu and wanted dependable entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment