Monday, February 22, 2010

Review: Infinite Loop by Meghan O'Brien

I know I would have liked this book more if I wasn't just in the middle of getting divorced. It's well written. Has a great, computer nerd, lesbian lead character. Witty banter. Hot sex. But all I could focus on was the fact that these two characters had major issues and were in for a shit load of therapy. The one main character Mel, has major trust issues. The other Regan, has self esteem issues. Put them together along with a road trip and its love conquers all.

I just kept thinking, it's great you are clutching to each other like a life jacket but red flag time...don't get together. Then again my ex-wife-to-be and I got together just after my mother died which all her friends told her was red flag time and we lasted a long time.

If I wasn't so miserable right now, I'd buy more into the story - which again I emphasize is well done, much better than a lot of romances - I think I'll read this one again in a few years to see what I feel about it.

Rating: 4 out of 5
Copy Source: Excellent confition 2nd hand copy from After Stonewall

No comments:

Post a Comment