Friday, February 5, 2010

Review: Steel WItches by Patrick Lennon

I got this one from the library because of the setting; Cambridge UK. It's the place I was born but never lived in until my 20's when I returned from Canada for a year's working holiday. It's a wonderful city, especially for cycling and walking. Lots of pubs and university students. Whenever I read a book set there, I have fun remembering the places and seeing how the author describes them.

Steel Witches has a very clever story mixing the hero's present with the past of two "witches" in a small Norfolk town. It was interesting to see these two elements tie together and each is an interesting story in its own right. The characters all come off a bit obsessive about their individual quests and driven along to the ending which, unfortunately, isn't that great after all the build up.

Not a bad read but one I wouldn't read twice now that I know what really happenned.

Rating: 3 out of 5
Source of copy: library

No comments:

Post a Comment