Saturday, February 6, 2010

Review: Swimming Cat Cove by Lauren Wright Douglas

This was another of my 2nd hand discoveries; in excellent condition for only $4.00. Billed as the 2nd Allison O'Neal novel its also apparently the last as I can't find any mention of the author writing anything else after this one was published in 1997. Too bad because it's an amusing and light enough read in typical Naiad style.

Having inherited a B&B in the first book, our heroine is feeling trapped and stressed by money worries. To keep it or sell it she ponders. Meanwhile a child in distress appears to add to her problems. Sammy the cat and Ossie the child named after a cat (Ocelot) are as endearing as usual. And the appearance of a possible buyer for the B&B, helps make Allison realize she wants to keep what she has. As suspected, It All Works Out In The End.

I really have a bit of a weakness for books in a series. It's my obsessive compulsive nature to finish them all damn it. Trust me a series has to really be god awful before I can break the urge to read on.

Rating: 3 out of 5 for not taking up too much of my life to read it and for a cute kid named Minou.
Source of copy: see above

No comments:

Post a Comment